Heat Pump Service
There are several advantages to having a heat pump in your home. First, it is an effecient way to heat or cool your home because it involves transferring heat rather than generating heat. This will lower your power bill and still keep your house warm or cool depending on how you use it. Heat pumps also distribute heat evenly throughout the house, leaving no rooms cold. The disadvantage of using a heat pump is it’s lack of effectiveness during consistently cold days. If the temperature stays below freezing, the heat pump will have a harder time moving heated air because of the drastic range of temperatures.
The team at Billy Butler Heating and Air has serviced heat pumps for families all over Georgia. We understand that when your heat pump breaks, you need repairs that will last for years, fast.
When a professional comes to inspect your heat pump, you should expect a number of things to be checked, including the thermostat accuracy, capacitors, relays, contractors, blower wheel, metering devices, panel placement, coil temperatures, and the compressor amp draw.
With any important home device, you should keep it properly maintained. Below are some tips on how to keep your heat pump at full-capacity.
- Remove dirt and leaves around the outdoor unit or ice if its in the winter.
- Wipe down coils if there is dirt accumulated on them.
- Change the filter once every 1-3 months.
- Make sure the pump is properly elevated at least half of a foot off the ground to allow proper drainage.
- Tighten all electrical connections
- Keep in mind your heat pump can be damaged if you are thinking of performing DIY procedures, so just proceed with caution or hire a professional to take of the issue.
- Call the experts at Billy Butler for more information on our heat pump services!
For more information about the heat pump services at Billy Butler HVAC, call us at (770) 861-7114 or fill out our contact form!