What Do You Get with a Furnace Maintenance Plan?
Have you considered furnace maintenance plans for your HVAC system? Many homeowners think about them and then dismiss the idea. The common misconception is that they’re too expensive and you don’t get much for your money. Let’s take a look at how the opposite is true, the benefits a good plan provides, and the value you’ll gain by investing in one.
It’s important to have your HVAC system serviced in the spring before the weather gets hot and you turn on the AC, and in the fall before it’s time to turn on the heat. With a comprehensive maintenance plan, you don’t have to worry about whether or not your furnace is clean and running right.
Here’s what an HVAC tech will check during a typical planned maintenance visit:
- Inspect the heat exchanger for cracks or damage from deterioration
- Inspect and clean the burners – dirty burners can result in poor combustion and wasted energy
- Check and adjust the fan switch to make sure the fan cycles properly
- Check the safety controls for proper function
- Inspect the gas line to ensure there are no leaks
- Test and calibrate the thermostat to ensure proper heating and temperature readings
- Lubricate all moving parts and bearings to prevent friction and wear and tear
- Replace the air filter
- Adjust and inspect belts and pulleys to ensure proper airflow and prevent damage to the compressor
- Clean the system, so dirt and debris don’t impact the function and efficiency of your furnace
What Are the Benefits of a Maintenance Plan?
The benefits of a maintenance plan for your furnace go above and beyond having a clean HVAC system. There are many benefits to annual planned service, including:
- Reduced chance of breakdown: Once inspected, cleaned, tested, lubricated, and calibrated, your furnace will run more smoothly, and is less likely to have issues
- Safety: When an HVAC technician inspects your furnace annually you can rest easy knowing they have checked for gas leaks, carbon monoxide leaks, and overall proper function
- Increased energy efficiency: A dirty and neglected HVAC system is not going to run as effectively or as efficiently as one that gets regular TLC. Yearly maintenance means your furnace will be more efficient and will save you money on your energy bills.
- Longer life: Neglected equipment has a shorter lifespan. Regular service will keep it running stronger, longer.
If you’re wondering if investing in an HVAC service plan is worth it, the answer is a resounding yes. Contact the team at Billy Butler Heating & Air Conditioning today for more information on furnace maintenance plans by calling 770-861-7114.